In 1974, I participated in an Ira Progoff workshop in which we were given a values clarification exercise asking us to list twenty things that bring us happiness. Upon completion of the list, we were given a number of questions related to what we had written.
Based on that exercise, I have created the following exercise which I am currently using in journaling circles and legacy classes which I am facilitating.
List ten things that brought you joy prior to sheltering in place.
List ten things that currently bring you joy while sheltering in place.
- Now that you are sheltering in place, do you see anything different about how you are bringing joy into your life?
- What do you miss the most from before?
- Do you think you might add something new to your life after, and if yes, what would that be?
- Prior to sheltering in place, how did you reach out to others? Currently, how are you reaching out now? What does that look like for you?
- Is there any way that you feel a shift in your core values since sheltering in place, and if yes, how does that look to you?
- What did you learn from doing this exercise?
- When I reflect on this, I noticeâ€¦.
- When I reflect on this, I feelâ€¦
- What makes me happiest these days isâ€¦